Monday, April 16, 2012

God is good!

I was reading some posts on Facebook today.  I realized how much people say God is good when their prayers are answered.  That seems so strange to me - it's almost like you are telling God "good job" or "well done" when He does things the way you want them done.  It's almost like God's praise is based on His performance.

The truth is that God is good all of the time.  Even when your prayers aren't answered.  Ultimately God answers prayers that are prayed according to His will.  We don't always know what His will is, but we do know that everything works together for good for those that are called according to His purpose.

I've been through quite a few hard things in my life.  What I know is that the outcome has so many times not been what my heart has desired no matter how fervent my prayers were.  Ultimately I prayed God's will be done not mine.  I know there was purpose in my circumstances.  It didn't make the situation any easier.  What made the situation easier was feeling the embrace of God through it all.  Walking through painful things on this earth made me draw closer to God.  He gave me peace.  He made me realize that no matter what life throws me, I can just lay down and weep.  I don't have to be strong.  He is strong in my place.  He will pick me up and carry me until I can walk again.  Negative outcomes don't mean God loves me any less.  I know that He weeps when I weep.  He wipes away my tears, and He heals my heart.

You never know how you are going to respond to things until you walk through them.  I'm thankful for my walks with God during the painful times even when my heart was broken into pieces.  I pray that everyone that is quick to tell God how good He is when all goes well will remember how good He is when things aren't going well.  I hope and pray that those people will see just how much God loves them regardless of circumstances.

He is so beautiful.  He touches my heart in a way that words can't explain.  He is so strong and all encompassing.  His love is like the wind - strong and swaying and powerful at times, and at others times so gentle with an ever so soft breeze that lightly brushes and caresses.  Sheer perfection!


No comments:

Post a Comment