Friday, May 31, 2013

Memorial Day

Memorial Day for a lot of people represents a holiday - meaning time off from work, time for the beach with friends, or cookouts with lots of laughter.  For a lot of other people, Memorial Day is a time to give thanks and remember those that have served our country and put their lives on the line for our freedom.  When you think of it that way, it is a very somber day.

This Memorial Day weekend was strange for me, but strange in a good way.  I've been so busy with work and life, I must admit I was very happy to have the long weekend.  I spent it with family - my nephews's graduation and graduation party.  As the long, busy weekend was coming to a close, I was thankful for the extra day on Monday to just rest and reflect.  As I reflected I felt like a season of my life was coming to a close.  How ironic that on Memorial Day I felt so many bad things from my past - meaning heartbreaking times, wounds, hurts - were finally being laid to rest.  My heart finally feels at peace.  All I kept hearing was that hope and love remain.  That is a very beautiful picture of my future...hope and love - two things that have felt distant for quite some time.




No comments:

Post a Comment